Classes & Parties
Phantom Chef’s culinary studio on Washington Avenue in Endicott, New York, offers a restaurant-quality kitchen designed to accommodate culinary classes for up to 16 students.
Sign up for a hands-on lesson with fellow Greater Binghamton foodies! Classes make a great date night, a fun outing with co-workers or an enjoyable ladies night out. You can also book the space, invite your friends and have a private party.
Classes run roughly two and a half to three hours (two hours for Kids in the Kitchen classes), including the time to enjoy your creations. Tools, supplies and ingredients will be provided. This is an immersive experience led by Phantom Chef’s owner, Michelle McIlroy, a highly trained chef and experienced instructor. Come ready to learn!
*** Unless otherwise noted, our classes are designed for adults, ages 18 and over ***
Due to the recent order of the Governor, beginning at 8 pm on march 16, 2020 all Food Service Establishments must close for in-house service until further notice.
We are sad to say that we are unable to run culinary classes in the studio until this order is lifted.
CULINARY CLASSES MAKE GREAT GIFTS
FLAVORS OF ASIA
Our newest class explores some of the delicious flavors of Asia. The menu will include shrimp summer rolls, chicken satay with peanut sauce, Thai coconut curry, fried rice, and more. Join us for an evening of spice and fun!
VALENTINE’S DAY DATE NIGHT
Back by popular demand! Celebrate Valentine’s Day in the culinary studio with your special someone. The steakhouse-inspired menu will begin with shrimp cocktail and a classic Caesar salad. This will be followed by steak au poivre with a creamed spinach gratin and roasted potatoes. You’ll finish the meal with molten chocolate lava cakes.
WINTER COMFORT FOODS
Join Chef Michelle for an evening of warm and cozy winter comfort favorites. We will prepare chili, creamy mac & cheese, chicken & biscuits and double chocolate fudge brownies.
We will prepare Mexican-inspired recipes for an authentic build-your-own taco bar. Fillings will include chicken, shrimp and steak. We will also prepare rice, beans and a variety of salsas. Join us for this culinary fiesta!
FLAVORS OF THE MEDITERRANEAN
We’ll make a Mediterranean feast/mezze table featuring baba ghanoush, spanikopita, spiced lamb chops with tzatziki sauce, tabbouleh, and marinated chicken shish kebabs. Finish the meal with roasted stone fruit drizzled with honey and citrus yogurt.
Learn classic French culinary techniques and dishes. Impress your friends and family with coq au vin, potato gratin, and haricots verts amandine. Appetizer: green salad with dijon vinaigrette. Dessert: decadent chocolate pots de crème.
MAKE YOUR OWN PASTA
Learn to make fresh egg pasta by hand. We will make hand-cut and machine-cut pasta shapes as well as classic ricotta-filled ravioli. We will prepare delicious sauces to accompany the pasta, too. (***Children 10 years of age and older may attend this class with a supervising adult***)
*** CANCELLATION POLICIES ***
- Class registration fees are not refundable for cash.
- If you find that you are unable to attend a class after you have registered, please notify us as soon as possible via e-mail or phone.
- The class registration fee will be applied to the next class you wish to attend or returned to you as a gift certificate for future use if you cancel prior to 48 hours before the class. All gift certificates and class refunds expire 1 year from date of original purchase and cannot be returned for cash.
- Registration cancellations placed less than 48 hours before the class start time will not be refunded, applied to future classes or returned as a gift certificate for future use.
- Phantom Chef LLC reserves the right to cancel a class if necessary. Classes that are cancelled by Phantom Chef LLC will be refunded in full via gift certificate, regardless of the time frame. Inclement weather does not necessarily cancel a class. Phantom Chef LLC will contact you if the class is cancelled.