Classes & Parties
Phantom Chef’s culinary studio on Washington Avenue in Endicott, New York, offers a restaurant-quality kitchen designed to accommodate culinary classes for up to 16 students.
Sign up for a hands-on lesson with fellow Greater Binghamton foodies! Classes make a great date night, a fun outing with co-workers or an enjoyable ladies night out. You can also book the space, invite your friends and have a private party.
Classes run roughly two to two and a half hours, including the time to enjoy your creations. Tools, supplies and ingredients will be provided. This is an immersive experience led by Phantom Chef’s owner, Michelle McIlroy, a highly trained chef and experienced instructor. Come ready to learn!
Only classes that are currently on the schedule will have a clickable date below the description to register. New dates are added to the schedule on a bi-monthly basis.
*** Unless otherwise noted, our classes are designed for guests ages 18 and over (under 18 may register with an adult for SELECT classes – please see class descriptions) ***
*** Please review all cancellation policies at the bottom of the page prior to registering ***
Did you know that we offer private group cooking classes for groups of 6 or more all year round?
Fill out a Contact Form for details.
CULINARY CLASSES MAKE GREAT GIFTS
This class will focus on traditional tacos. We will prepare carne asada, pulled chicken, fajita-style mushrooms, onions & peppers and a variety of flavorful salsas. No taqueria meal would be complete without seasoned beans, Mexican rice and chunky guacamole. As a bonus, we’ll prepare esquites – a delicious Mexican street corn dish. (***GLUTEN FREE*** Although we do not operate a gluten-free facility, this menu will be prepared without any gluten-containing ingredients). Join us for the fiesta!
Autumn in Italy
Travel with us to the Italian countryside as we prepare a rustic, autumn-inspired menu. The meal will start with an autumn panzanella salad. For the main course, we’ll prepare chicken cacciatore, creamy polenta topped with a wild mushroom ragu and Italian roasted cauliflower. We’ll finish the meal with a sweet Italian treat!
TOUR OF THE MEDITERRANEAN
We’ll make a Mediterranean feast/mezze table featuring baba ghanoush, spanakopita, spiced lamb chops with tzatziki sauce, tabbouleh, and marinated chicken shish kebabs. Finish the meal with roasted stone fruit drizzled with honey and citrus yogurt.
Intro to Sushi Making
In this class, we will cover some sushi-making basics including the method for seasoning and preparing sushi rice, the cutting techniques used to prepare sushi fillings and the process of assembling and rolling sushi. We will prepare a variety of sushi rolls filled with vegetables, cooked seafood and raw fish. (***Children 10 years of age and older may attend this class with a supervising adult***)
MAKE YOUR OWN PASTA
Learn to make fresh egg pasta by hand. We will make hand-cut and machine-cut pasta shapes as well as classic ricotta-filled ravioli. We will prepare delicious sauces to accompany the pasta, too. (***Children 10 years of age and older may attend this class with a supervising adult***)
INTRO TO KOREAN COOKING
In this brand new class, we will introduce you to some of the flavors and techniques used in Korean cooking. The menu for the evening will include bibimbap, japchae (stir-fried glass noodles with vegetables), beef bulgogi and a daikon radish salad, among other Korean specialties. Sign up to experience something different with us!
STREET FOODS OF THE WORLD
In this flavor-filled class, we’ll prepare a variety of popular street food specialties. On the menu: Mexican street corn esquites, Nigerian beef suya kebabs, Vietnamese summer rolls, Middle Eastern cheese bourekas, Spanish pan con tomate and more! Join us for this culinary tour around the globe.
Join us for a class focused on some of the basic techniques used in baking. We’ll prepare a variety of sweet & savory treats, including pumpkin spice whoopie pies, mixed berry shortcakes with cream scones & homemade chantilly cream, Bavarian-style soft pretzels, triple chocolate fudge brownies and cheddar-scallion buttermilk biscuits. ***This class is suitable for children ages 10+ when registering with an adult
FLAVORS OF ASIA
This flavor-filled class explores some of the delicious tastes of Asia. The menu will include shrimp summer rolls, chicken satay with peanut sauce, Thai coconut curry, fried rice, and more. Join us for an evening of spice and fun!
AN EVENING IN NEW ORLEANS
Spend the evening learning to prepare some New Orleans classics, including BBQ shrimp, gumbo and red beans & rice. We’ll end the evening with an iconic flambéed dessert – bananas foster!
WINTER COMFORT FOODS
In this class devoted to delicious comfort food classics, we will focus on dishes that warm the body AND comfort the soul. On the menu: Tex-mex beef & bean chili, creamy chicken stew with fluffy buttermilk biscuits, gooey white cheddar mac & cheese and Chef Michelle’s favorite chocolate chip cookies. We’ll balance out the menu with a crunchy, fresh romaine salad with Italian vinaigrette. Warm up in the culinary studio with us on a cold winter’s day! ***This class is suitable for children ages 10+ when registering with an adult
Learn classic culinary techniques and iconic dishes in this ode to French food. Impress your friends and family with a meal of coq au vin, potato gratin, ratatouille and haricots verts amandine. We’ll start the meal with a green salad topped with shaved fennel, gruyere and Dijon vinaigrette and for dessert we’ll prepare rich and creamy chocolate pots de crème.
*** CANCELLATION POLICIES ***
- Class registration fees are NOT refundable for cash. Class registrations CANNOT be transferred to other classes.
- If you find that you are unable to attend a class after you have registered, please notify us as soon as possible in writing, via e-mail.
- If you cancel prior to 48 hours before the class, the class registration fee, less any & all sales tax and credit card fees, will be returned to you in the form of a gift certificate for future use. All class refunds expire 1 year from date of original purchase and cannot be returned for cash or used toward a private class.
- If you cancel less than 48 hours before the class start time, the class registration fees will NOT be refunded, applied to future classes, transferred or returned as a gift certificate for future use regardless of the reason for the cancellation. However, we welcome you to send someone in your place if you cannot attend.
- This is a strict policy, absolutely NO exceptions will be made. Consider our cooking classes like cooking “events”, concert or movie tickets. If you are unable to attend a concert, event or movie due to illness, weather, etc, you cannot and would not get a credit back from the venue, no matter the reason. Please think of our classes the same way!
- Phantom Chef LLC reserves the right to cancel a class if necessary. Classes that are cancelled by Phantom Chef LLC will be refunded in full via a gift certificate or to the original form of payment. Inclement weather does not necessarily mean that a class is cancelled. Phantom Chef LLC will contact you via e-mail if a class is cancelled.