Classes & Parties
Phantom Chef’s brand-new culinary studio on Washington Avenue in Endicott, New York, offers a restaurant-quality kitchen designed to accommodate culinary classes for up to 16 students.
Sign up for a hands-on lesson with fellow Greater Binghamton foodies! Classes make a great date night, a fun outing with co-workers or an enjoyable ladies night out. You can also book the space, invite your friends and have a private party.
Classes run roughly two and a half to three hours, including time to enjoy your creations. Tools, supplies and ingredients will be provided. This is an immersive experience led by Phantom Chef’s owner, Michelle McIlroy, a highly trained chef and experienced instructor. Come ready to learn!
Date Night Dinner
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with your special someone by spending the evening cooking together. Chef Michelle will lead couples through a date night menu of steamed mussels, filet mignon and a decadent chocolate dessert.
Make Your Own Pasta
Spend the afternoon in the culinary studio learning to make fresh egg pasta by hand. We will make hand-cut and machine-cut pasta shapes as well as classic ricotta-filled ravioli. We will prepare delicious sauces to accompany the pasta, too.
Flavors of the Mediterranean
We’ll make a Mediterranean feast/mezze table featuring baba ghanoush, spanikopita, spiced lamb chops with tzatziki sauce, tabbouleh, and marinated chicken shish kebabs. Finish the meal with roasted stone fruit drizzled with honey and citrus yogurt.
Learn classic French culinary techniques and dishes. Impress your friends and family with coq au vin, potato gratin, and haricots verts amandine. Appetizer: Endive and arugula salad with dijon vinaigrette. Dessert: decadent chocolate pots de crème.
Kids in the Kitchen: Family Favorites
Especially for kids ages 7-12 and their favorite grownups; please sign up together. Learn to make the dishes you love, including mac and cheese, baked chicken tenders, veggies and dip, and cookies.
Spend a winter afternoon in the culinary studio with Chef Michelle making warm, comforting soups. We will prepare Mexican black bean, classic chicken noodle, squash bisque and potato-corn chowder. The class will end with a meal of soup and warm bread.
Knife Skill Fundamentals
This class is for beginners as well as home cooks looking to work more efficiently in the kitchen. Learn about different knives and their proper uses. You will master the correct techniques to chop, dice, and slice using a chef’s knife, the most versatile knife in the kitchen. When we’re done, we’ll enjoy a delicious meal.
*** CANCELLATION POLICIES***
• Class registration fees are not refundable for cash.
• If you find that you are unable to attend a class after you have registered, please notify us as soon as possible via e-mail or phone.
• The class registration fee will be applied to the next class you wish to attend or returned to you as a gift certificate for future use if you cancel prior to 48 hours before the class.
• Registration cancellations placed less than 48 hours before the class start time will not be applied to future classes or returned as a gift certificate for future use.
• Phantom Chef LLC reserves the right to cancel a class if necessary. Classes that are cancelled by Phantom Chef LLC will be refunded in full, regardless of the time frame. Inclement weather does not necessarily cancel a class. Phantom Chef LLC will contact you if the class is cancelled.