Classes & Parties
In this skills-based class, you will learn about different knives and their proper uses. We will work on using a chef’s knife, the most versatile knife in your kitchen, to chop, dice and slice a variety of ingredients. When we’re done, you’ll enjoy a meal of soup, salads and a fruit-based dessert. This is a great class for kitchen novices and for those who have been cooking for years, but want to improve their skills.
FLAVORS OF ASIA
Our newest class explores some of the delicious flavors of Asia. The menu will include shrimp summer rolls, chicken satay with peanut sauce, Thai coconut curry, fried rice, and more. Join us for an evening of spice and fun!
We will prepare Mexican-inspired recipes for an authentic build-your-own taco bar. Fillings will include chicken, shrimp and steak. We will also prepare rice, beans and a variety of salsas. Join us for this culinary fiesta!
FLAVORS OF THE MEDITERRANEAN
We’ll make a Mediterranean feast/mezze table featuring baba ghanoush, spanakopita, spiced lamb chops with tzatziki sauce, tabbouleh, and marinated chicken shish kebabs. Finish the meal with roasted stone fruit drizzled with honey and citrus yogurt.
Learn classic French culinary techniques and dishes. Impress your friends and family with coq au vin, potato gratin, and haricots verts amandine. Appetizer: green salad with dijon vinaigrette. Dessert: decadent chocolate pots de crème.
Bounty of Fall
In this seasonal class, we will prepare a squash & apple bisque, chicken braised with wild mushrooms, seasonal roasted vegetables and sides. Dessert will be an apple-cranberry crisp served with homemade whipped cream. Join Chef Michelle in celebrating the bounty of fall in Upstate NY!
An Evening in New orleans
Spend the evening learning to prepare some New Orleans classics, including BBQ shrimp, gumbo and red beans & rice. We’ll end the evening with an iconic flambéed dessert – bananas foster!
MAKE YOUR OWN PASTA
Learn to make fresh egg pasta by hand. We will make hand-cut and machine-cut pasta shapes as well as classic ricotta-filled ravioli. We will prepare delicious sauces to accompany the pasta, too. (***Children 10 years of age and older may attend this class with a supervising adult***)
Intro to Sushi Making
In this class, we will cover some sushi-making basics including the method for seasoning and preparing sushi rice, the cutting techniques used to prepare sushi fillings and the process of assembling and rolling sushi. We will prepare a variety of sushi rolls filled with vegetables, cooked seafood and raw fish.
FLAVORS OF INDIA
In this flavor-filled class, you will learn about the spices and iconic dishes of India. We will prepare cauliflower & potato aloo gobi, chicken tikka masala and masoor dal (a lentil dish), along with a spicy mango chutney and cooling raita. We will even make our own naan!
*** CANCELLATION POLICIES ***
- Class registration fees are not refundable for cash.
- If you find that you are unable to attend a class after you have registered, please notify us as soon as possible via e-mail or phone.
- The class registration fee will be applied to the next class you wish to attend or returned to you as a gift certificate for future use if you cancel prior to 48 hours before the class. All gift certificates and class refunds expire 1 year from date of original purchase and cannot be returned for cash.
- Registration cancellations placed less than 48 hours before the class start time will not be refunded, applied to future classes or returned as a gift certificate for future use.
- Phantom Chef LLC reserves the right to cancel a class if necessary. Classes that are cancelled by Phantom Chef LLC will be refunded in full via gift certificate, regardless of the time frame. Inclement weather does not necessarily cancel a class. Phantom Chef LLC will contact you if the class is cancelled.
Phantom Chef’s culinary studio on Washington Avenue in Endicott, New York, offers a restaurant-quality kitchen designed to accommodate culinary classes for up to 16 students.
Sign up for a hands-on lesson with fellow Greater Binghamton foodies! Classes make a great date night, a fun outing with co-workers or an enjoyable ladies night out. You can also book the space, invite your friends and have a private party.
Classes run roughly two and a half to three hours (two hours for Kids in the Kitchen classes), including the time to enjoy your creations. Tools, supplies and ingredients will be provided. This is an immersive experience led by Phantom Chef’s owner, Michelle McIlroy, a highly trained chef and experienced instructor. Come ready to learn!
Classes that are currently on the schedule will have a clickable date below the description to register.
*** Unless otherwise noted, our classes are designed for adults, ages 18 and over ***